Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Mcglots: Continued

Written by Anna

It was a fine, breezy day and the sun was shining right on Diana Anna Mcglots’ face. She yawned, stretched, and yawned again. She glanced at her alarm clock; it was only 6:43 am. If she hurried, she could make it in time. She stumbled out of bed and fell into one of her bigger stuffed bears. She picked herself up and dusted herself off, then she dashed over to her dresser and quickly got dressed. Today, instead of her usual green shirt and light blue long skirt, she wore a black shirt with a shimmering star on the front of it and dark blue jeans. She put her hair in a ponytail instead of leaving it down as was normal for her and took a fleeting look at her clock, now it was 6:51, she still had time.

As she flew down the stairs she bumped into her father and they both fell to the bottom.

“Ouch! Diana Anna, you need to be careful!!! Oh! Look, my pants are dirty now!” Mr. Mcglots cried, pointing out a small speck on his spotless dress pants.

“Dad, you’re just washing cars! Why do you have to be immaculate just to wash cars? When ever you get home you look like a chimneysweep you’re so filthy and black! You’ve already ruined like a hundred suits this spring!” Diana Anna said, massaging her knee.

Mr. Mcglots stood up and straightened his tie. “I don’t just wash cars, I wash spaceships! And it’s a very important job. And I have not ruined like a hundred suits! You’re mother’s been counting… it’s only been fifty-nine!” and he stomped up the stairs to change his pants.

Diana Anna hastened up the stairs, following her father.

“Dad,” she called, opening his door. He had obviously been coming to answer her call for they nearly collided for the second time.

“Ahhh! Diana Anna…”

“Sorry dad! Look, I was wondering…”

“No!” Mr. Mcglots interrupted.

“W-what??!?” Diana Anna stammered.

“If what you’re about to ask has anything to do with me, my ship, my job, Space, flying, or coming flying with me in my ship to my job in Space, then I say no.”

“But, but, b-but, how did you kn-know I was, was going t-to ask that!??!?” stuttered Diana Anna, a look of confusion on her face.

“No, and that’s final young lady. Besides, I didn’t think you’d find coming to work with me interesting if I just wash cars,” Mr. Mcglots raised one eyebrows and seeing the look on Diana Anna’s face knew she didn’t have anything to say, yet.

“Well, better get to washing cars…” he said and then, looking at his wristwatch cried out.

“My word, is it really 7:05? I’m late!!!” and he ran down the stairs.

“Boohoo.” sighed Diana Anna and she sat down on the floor.


Will be continued
further
... later

4 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

its me, how are you slimy?! thats your name isnt it? Jenny told me.


J.

Anna said...

I'm doing great!
How about you?

Slimey

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read more, this is AWESOME!!!!