Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thank you Antonia...

I found this beautiful meditation on Antonia's blog. Thanks for sharing!


Meditation

by Cardinal John Henry Newman

God, you have created me to do you some definite service:
You have committed some work to me which you have not committed to
another.


I have my mission – I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told in the next.
Somehow I am necessary for your purposes.
I have a part in the great work; I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.
He has not created me for nothing.
I shall do good, I shall do his work; I shall be an angel of peace,
A preacher of truth in my own place.

Fulfill your high purposes in me, I am here to serve you, to be yours.



Amen .

1 comment:

antonia said...

*smiles*

Yes, that is a very pretty meditation!