Friday, August 18, 2006

A handful of stuff

Well, I'm babysitting with my sister Gabriela right now, so I'm not going to write for long. But I thought it was time for an update!
My parents are at our old house right now, for the last time!
I want to post some pictures of our house soon, but we don't have the camera here yet, so I'll have to wait for that.
I'm reading a whole bunch of books right now, and will start school in a few weeks. We're starting a little late this year, because of our move. But I unpacked my school books yesterday.
A few weeks ago I started something kinda interesting: "Letters to Your Future Husband".
It's sort of funny, but I enjoy doing it. I wonder if boys write letters to there future wives! Ha ha! That would be funny. Like if on the day they got married the husband said, "I have a present for you, darling."
And his wife said, "Wait, let me give you my present first."
And then they both gave each other a stack of letters! Hahaha!

I've been looking at Catholic beliefs on suicide. A nasty subject! Like, whether it's a sin, and whether or not those who commit it go to hell. I didn't look for whether or not they go to hell, because anything that I could possibly find about that would be wrong. Because no one knows. But I did find this:

"Human life is sacred because from its beginning it involves the creative action of God and it remains for ever in a special relationship with the Creator, who is its sole end. God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can under any circumstance claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being."

The fifth commandment forbids direct and intentional killing as gravely sinful. When some one kills themselves, well, I think it's the same thing. But no one really knows who goes to heaven and who goes to hell, that's between them and God. So we know it's wrong, but we don't, and can't, know where the person goes. That's what I think.

Here is something some one else said;

I don't think it's right because God has a good plan for us all (Jeremiah 29:11). Why do people do it? I think one reason would be that they don't feel as if their lives are worth anything, even after trying various things to fill their Jesus-shaped void. Where do they go? Unfortunately, I have to say hell. One, because they ended what was not theirs to end. Two, because anyone who would commit such a drastic act surely doesn't have a relationship with Christ. Whether that relationship be shallow or deep, I believe they would at least hang on to see what God would do in the future, hopefully resulting in a stronger bond between them and Jesus. I remember someone saying suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and I think that statement is correct.

And what another person said;


But God never gives anyone anything to big, heavy, or hard to handle. And I'm sure that person would be able to trust in God, be strong. It would take prayer and faith, certainly! But I'm sure they could do it with God's help. St. Therese of the Little Flower said,
"If I had no faith, I would have taken my own life without hesitation,"
I think you'd only be able to kill yourself if you had no faith. Look at Therese! She suffered so much! But she trusted in God, and she was rewarded! She trusted in God, even when in her head she heard over and over again, "When you die, you will see, there will not be heaven, there will be nothing," But even with that spiritual pain and physical pain, she was triumphant! She trusted and believed, and followed blindly to wherever God wanted her to go.

But now I have to go!



Anna

No comments: