Sunday, September 10, 2006

No! Go away! Don't look!


Today, when I was getting ready for Mass...I did something that at first I couldn't believe.


I was about to blow-dry my hair after washing it, but for some weeks now I've been wondering what I would look like if I had bangs. Every time I asked my mum, she would say no! But finally, this time, she said, "Ah, whatever Anna -- But you'll have to bear the consequences, eh?” Not very encouraging, huh? But I jumped right off, grabbed a pair of safety scissors, and snipped away! When I looked in my bedroom mirror, what I saw horrified me. It was … me! ...But...terrible …looking! There was this big tuff of hair right above my eyebrows...and it was crooked too!

So, nearly petrified, I clipped away, here and there, a bit more. And looked again. And was just horrified …again.

Just then, Noah, my brother, walked by my open bedroom door. Oh nose! I cried desperately that he please not look, and covered my face. He, of course, then walked straight into my room and said, "Ah, c'mon, show me. What'd you do?"
"No! Go away!"
"C'mon Anna..."

And I showed him. And everyone else when I went downstairs. My mum couldn’t help but say ‘I told you so!’ And, I have to admit, it looked so bad that I cried! :-O

So. We were about to leave for Mass. I looked dreadful. And I didn’t know what to do. Luckily my mama isn’t all bad :P
Quickly she cheered me up, and helped me by telling me my hair would look much better if I let it all down instead of up in a ponytail. And it did! Of course, I pinned half of those horrid bangs up with a barrette so that it wasn't so thick, and now, when I look in the mirror -- I may just be getting use to it but -- it actually doesn't look that bad! :) I sort of actually like it. Although, when I let ALL of the bangs down, it looks terrible again.

I suppose that it was…just one of those things. I know I would never have been satisfied if I hadn’t cut my bangs…And now, I must bear the consequences, whether happy…or not :D

God bless!

Anna

3 comments:

antonia said...

awwwwwww!!! *hugs* hehe! I'm sure everyone has said this to you...but it will grow back!

I had a similar experience when i was about your age! Except it was my Aunt who cut my hair; it went from being looong to short (about ear length)! I hated it and cried and cried and cried! But then I kinda started to like it....and now I laugh when I look back!!

I'm sure Jesus was just happy you came to Mass to see Him!!
As long as you're pretty on the inside, that's what He cares about most!

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless
-x-x-x-

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna said...

Thanks for your comments! :)

And Antonia, you sure know how to cheer people up! Thanks!

Rachel, I'm running home and grabbing the phone! :D