Friday, October 20, 2006

Letters from Long Ago

Yesterday, I walked into the dining room and found two letters scattered on the floor, an envelope lying near by them. I picked up one of the letters. It was written on pretty, flowery paper, in childish cursive. It was address to "Kings" Hmm, I thought, who are the "Kings"? But as I read it it started to make sense. After I was done reading that one I picked up the next letter lying on the floor. It was addressed to "Three Kings" But this one was typed and printed out on blank printing paper. After reading that one I looked around for more --after all, there had to be more then 2. And there was. I found two more letters address to the Three Kings. These last two were written in my mother's handwriting, but dictated by my other siblings. The envelope is addressed to :

"The Three Kings
Virtue St. Heaven"

The stamp was a square, in which was written, "No postage needed if Child of God."

Here I shall write what these letters say (I shall write them with the exact same punctuation and spelling as the originals):

From oldest, to youngest;

(The first letter I found, written in cursive)

Dear Kings,

Please do not mind the messy writing, my fingers are still sore.

How have you been? How is the baby Jesus? How is Father B. How is St. Anthony? How is Mr. D.

I would like to make a list of things I would like, to make your job easyer.
That is, if I have been a good girl. I would like movie money, a watch, or a porcelin doll, or the movie
The new one Emma, or Hair stuff or, socks, That is all I can think of, if you can't get me anything that is on this list anything you get me I'm sure I'll love.

Love,
Jenny

Jenny is now 22, and she's going to be married soon!


(The second letter I found, typed.)


Dear Three Kings,


Hello! How are you doing? I hope you are fine! How are the politics in Heaven going?Any new policies? How am I doing?!?! Am I headed in the right direction? I sincerely hope I am!!! Anyway On to the trivial things! My poor suggestions are as follows:


I would like a pair or two of slipper socks, the Robo Master lego set, or the Robo Stalker lego set. Preferably the Robo Master set. I would also like a cap or dart gun ( You can get them at the dollar store!) If you can not get any of these suggestions, Then I would like some more Tolkien books. So much for suggestions, I hope you have a good time!


Cordially Yours
Jonathan

Jonathan E. G.


(And at the bottom of this letter is written in handwriting, "P.S. Please write back!!!!!")


Jonathan is 21 now, and in College!


(Third letter I found, dictated my brother Miguel, written by my Mum)


Dear 3 Kings


How are you doing? My father & my mother said I should make a list of ideas for you guys to pick a gift from.


Any action figure will do. Here is my lego list: Do you think maybe I should get some Robo Force, my brother really likes them. I would like some Explorers sets (stingrays) That's it for lego for now. Maybe a few pens & pencils will do and I'm almost out of my 1st bottle of scope. Bye for now.


Love Miguel


P.S. Just about anything will do.


Miguel's now 19!


(Fourth letter I found, written by my mum, dictated by Gabriela)


Dear Three Kings,

How are you doing? How is baby Jesus? What do your camels like to eat? I have been good this year. My daddy said I should make a list of presents for you to pick from. I would like:

Some ballet slippers


a leotard (and tootoo in pink)


May you please pray for me


I would like a calandar -- Christmas Tree one with stickers to hang on the window.


A clock


Some alphabet books


A toy box



Bye bye. I have to eat my candy cane, wash my face and hands, and help clean.


Love Gabriela


P.S. Please kiss baby Jesus and say hi for me.


Gabriela is 15 and in 10th grade!!

I hope you enjoyed these great finds as much as I did! :)

2 comments:

antonia said...

aww! They were so cute!

Do you your younger siblings still write to the Three Kings?

God Bless!

-x-x-x-

Anna said...

Aren't they adorable?

We haven't written letters to the Three Kings in a while, but my plan is to get my younger siblings to do it hhis year -- it is so fun and special! :)

-x-x-x-