Sunday, April 02, 2006

More Mcglots

"Well honey," said Mrs. Mcglots, scrubbing the wooden table spotless as she spoke, “I really just can’t see why you’d want to do something like that.”
“Mum, I’ve already said it twice! Susie Lerngie just had her birthday party, Mallory James held a New Year’s Day celebration last Tuesday, Michelle Fedrick also had one the day after Mallory, and yesterday Lucy Montmercy had a party just for fun! I’m nearly the only girl in class who hasn’t given a fiesta yet!”
“But, honey, why do you want to have a party?”
“Oh Mum! Everybody does! Can’t I just have one? Please!?! I’ll be a perfect angel for the rest of my life! And I’ll clean the whole house before the party!” Diana Anna begged, her face showing how sincere she really was.
“Oh, well, I s’pose you can. But, I still don’t really understand why you’d want to. You still haven’t given me a good answer, Diana Anna. When I was young I always had to have a good reason for giving a party.”
“Well, I don't know. Let’s just say I want to socialize more. Anyway, thank you sooo much, Mum! You won’t regret it!”
And with a peck on her mother’s cheek, Diana Anna waltzed out of the room.

No comments: